Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sweet Presbitry

Today, I went to AMKPC. I talked to my leaders about what I felt. They advised me that if I wasn't growing, in this church, they recommended me to go to the church I could grow better in. I know you may think it sounds harsh but actually they said it very nicely to me. So, I guess this is it huh? God is calling me to another church? Shall I transfer to Trinity now? I don't know I'm just so confused and heartbroken. Heartbroken not because my church has abandoned me but I am abandoning my church. I guess I foresaw this, I just never expected it to happen.
~
My heart was breaking within me as I made this poem, to the tune of "Sweet Hour of Prayer"
~
SWEET PRESBITRY
Sweet Presbitry, Sweet Presbitry
My roots have grown so deep in thee
You were a guide a home to me
I always found my God in thee
~~
Yet in the years I hoped to grow,
I nary found a single soul
To laugh with me and cry with me
My deepest secret to bear with me
~~
Sweet Presbitry, Sweet Presbitry
I could not find one with the same zeal as me
And now I long for another Tree
I beg thee do not cry 'Adultery!'
~~
Yet I cannot bear, for me to tear
myself from you my tribal share
Yet I found God in yonder elsewhere
So cry me not, my dear, my care
~
Sweet Presbitry, Sweet Presbitry
I pray you'll grow well without me
You may forget me but I will never thee
Farewell, Farewell Sweet Presbitry
~
Farewell,
~
Farewell,
~
Sweet Presbitry.

No comments: