Saturday, August 8, 2009

To Singapore with love

Okay, so yesterday was Singpore's 44th national day.

I had quite a fun time actually during the SL farewell especially. But I genuinely enjoyed some of the programs especially the songs( NOT the new ndp song which has the unanimous vote of being "interesting" if you know what I mean)Anyways when the song "Home" played, I did a short reflection on my time spent in Singapore since I'm leaving this place soon. Indeed, Singapore has been a won

derful home to me in more ways than one. I've spent half of my 16 years here now and there really hasnt been a place quite like Singapore I must say. It's not so much my family that makes this place feel like home tho, cuz they are always on the move and I always feel at home with them.

The education, amenities, environment and whatnot aside. What I've truly come to appreciate the most here are the people I've met and the dear friends I've made. They are the ones who truly make this place worth calling "home" and I cant thank them more for that.

Singapore will always be a part of me wherever I'll go to and I know I have a home here among the people. But I also know that I must make other homes for myself to even as i move from place to place. Each of them is unique. So indeed

this is home, truly~


Anyways, I had lots of fun at the SL farewell party too. I really want to thank all my juniors as well for making it such a splendid moment for all us old birds haha.

look at all the notes!And thanks for all your notes! I'll keep them with me for as long as I can so I can remember all of you always=D Thanks also, for your "Most Confident" Award haha(although I'd have much prefered a "Best Singer" Award XD, kiddin), I think the trophy is really creative=). All my blessings go to the SL council and the new EXCOs whom I know will lead the council to greater glory.

Yours truly, The Turtle KingXD

No comments: