Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"O" Level Mother Tongue Results finally out

Well, the mother tongue "O" level results are finally out, after many days of tension so thick I could bang my head against it.

My results actually kinda shocked me.

First let me say. Thanks to my wonderful elder brother, guess where I was 12 hours before the mother tongue paper? That's right! The land of the rising sun! Japan yay!. And thanks to that I completely missed out an entire week of mother tongue drilling that all my other peers went through. And I kinda got stunned during the malay orals and stoned for a few seconds.

So, as you might guess, this morning I was EXTREMELY nervous about my result. I really didn't want to retake Malay paper. So anyways, we were finally called to the hall to receive our results. The teacher was there lecturing us about the average grades of all the mother tongue subjects.

When he reached Malay, he said that it was 100% passes. That hardly gave me any comfort.

My fear was not in failing but it was that I receive a horrible pass and be forced to retake the paper. Then he said that the percentage of distinction was 45%. Somebody very helpfully pointed out that that means about only 4 people got As in the malay class. I wasnt bothered, It's definitely not me right?

I kept thinking "Stop preaching to us and show us the results danggit!" I just wanted to rip off the rubber band.

Earlier in class, I was praying "God I know that whatever grades I may receive, it is what I deserve to receive and I will praise Your Name no matter what it is Lord. I just pray that I may glorify you through my results,"

So anyways, FINALLY the teachers started calling the names of students to come up and see their results. I waited, and waited, actually I didnt have to wait for long cause 2 names after the first student, the teacher called out: "ALVIN!"

I was confused at this part, there are 2 Alvins in my class you see. So the other one went up and then sat back down. Then again I waited and waited and waited as names were called and cries of both sorrow and joy echoed through the hall. My heart was beating quickly within me. Finally the teacher called out the other Alvin's chinese name an I was like"HEY!!!! Why didnt anyone tell me that the first Alvin was me?". So finally, I walked up to the teacher and I asked what rsult I got asI scanned that piece of paper.

"You got an A1,"

I could not believe my ears! I got A1?!?!" and the teacher replied "Yes, you got an A1" My hands were trembling as I signed beside my score, everyone could see that.

I literally leapt for joy as I left and shouted "HALELUYA!!!!" and I can testify that it is truly only by God's grace that I got an A1. hahah, expected differently didnt you? Although, after that, alot of people gave me abit of contempt cuz I skipped a week of intensive driling going on holiday... But all I can say is this, I had worked hard before that and even then, it was not just because of my effort that got I the A1, it's all thanks to God's grace. I never stopped telling them that.

Out of the class of 10 only 4 got A1 an I was one of them=D Ironically though, 3 of the 4 people who aced malay were Chinese haha.

Praise God

No comments: