Monday, November 24, 2008

Time of testimony

Last Thursday, the PM guys went to Ben's house for an outing. To start of, we watched "Bruce Almighty" but the point of the outing came much later. Oh yeah not forgetting the pop-corn incident, sorry Ben, I'll buy your mom a new pot! In any case at around 6pm I asked the guys to share their testimonies about their past, how they met Christ and how Christ changed them. This was the higlight of the outing. A lot of dark pasts were uncovered and laid in the open, a lot of dirty secrets were told. Of course I'm not gonna mention any of them here but I realized something while this was going on. None of us had a very happy childhood and what more, many of us went through nearly the same secrets and mistakes! I really do not think this is by coincidence. I believe that many of the things that a guy in the concrete jungle has to face is not faced by him alone. I could really identify with my friend's experiences and I'm sure they could also identify with each other.

Then I wondered "How could anyone ever use the term 'You Think You Understand Me? You Think You Know What I'm Going Through? Well You Don't!'" It sounds like a cheesy line from a chinese soap opera but many people still think this way. Indeed no one can understand another person fully, only God can do that, but ironically, how could a person not understand someone when he is going through nearly the same thing? When a friend seeks to counsel or comfort you next time, try to listten to him/her and correcting some points first before blowing your friend off.

Every person living in the same place has to wade through the same pile of crap.

No comments: