Friday, October 31, 2008

A Walk In The Park


There is something about Punggol park that attracts me to it. I went to Punggol Park the other day. The park was simply awesome and surpassed many of my expectations of a quiet walk. Everything I expected and failed to see at Fort Canning Park I saw there. The palm trees just seem to give you a standing ovation when you entter or when you leave and I didn't know any park in Singapore could have a pool that big.


I gotta go fishing there sometime! Anyone care to join? Maybe SF can go for a fishing outing here? Just to get a literal feel of the name 'salted fishers' someone get the salt!! Then again we have the nearer Bishan Park to go to and some of us don't have the patience to just sit down by the edge of the pond and wait I suppose. There also some frightful moments, I was walking along the above cattails when all of a sudden there was a huge "SPLOSH!!!" Which scared half the life out of me haha. I also found the remains dead fish. cause of death: unknown(head is severed)

It seems to have had its head bitten of by a predator and since this headless fish is quite large, it makes me wonder: just what type of ferocious huge fishes live in those murky waters....

Aside from that I found some strange pinkish stuff on the stem of the cattails. Anyone care to explain what they are?


All in all it was a pleasant experience going to that park and I learnt a few things too. I highly recommend anyone trying to find some peace and quiet or just looking for a place to do quiet time or bible study to visit this park.

No comments: