Saturday, April 11, 2009

The holy week so far

I'm one day late but HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!!!!

haha had a wonderful time at the Presbyterian Good Friday convention yesterday, bumped into Jethro. Didn't know he was Presbyterian lol.

Anyways, I actually wanted to post about today. I woke up at 6.30 today to do some quiet time with God in the garden underneath my apartment.

I was going on behalf of some frens that I invited to church. I brought the petition before God that He'd bring them to church. and after that I read the Bible.

God answered me in a way I'd nvr expect.

First off, I landed on some psalms of David crying out to God to answer his prayers. I could identify with him until the emo parts where he started saying "I'm being dragged down to the grave" and such.

But then something amazing happened. I flipped and landed on John, the part where Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. It was a familiar passage, and I had read it quite a few times.

Mary had sent a message to Jesus "the one you love is sick"
when Jesus heard the news, he stayed where he was a few days more before finally visiting Lazarus. By that time, Lazarus was already dead.
The two sisters, Martha then Mary, came to Jesus to tell him what happened. The amazing part was that, neither of them blamed him for not coming to heal their brother. In fact, they put their trust in Jesus' power.

At that moment I felt a tug at my heart, and when I reached the sentence "Jesus wept" water started coming out of my eyes.

I don't know why, tears just started flowing, and I couldnt stop. It was the first time I honestly cried in ages. Then Jesus said

"Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" I knew He was going to act on my prayer. He also said

"Father I thank you that you have heard me. I knew you always hear me" I know that God is listening to my prayers and cries.

I kept on tearing

Then the final moment came "Lazarus, come out!" and the dead man came out. The next line Jesus said, really struck me.

"Take off the grave clothes and let him go" I could feel my soul saying these very lines to satan regarding my friends.

Let them go, let them go. I had to control my crying tho since a lady was there. I decided to go back up to my flat.

That moment I knew, that whether my friends actually accept my invitation, God will still save them. Amen

No comments: