Thursday, April 2, 2009

For a moment

My soul arrived for a moment
life's first cry as I entered the world
the beauty of a pearl
engraved by the hands above
~
My soul is empty for a moment
this land so dry, so much pain surround
me as I walk, I hear a sound
that calls me to His side
~
Still so much time to choose
time to laugh and time to loose myself
having an entire lifetime to live
~
My spirit's high for a moment
I feel so high I could touch the sky
I'm touching heaven
with Christ here by my side
~
Still so much time to loose
time waste and time to seek forgiveness
when I only have this lifetime to live
~
My spirit's dry for a moment
the journey's long and I'm not feeling strong
I need your strength
Can't fight this on my own
~
You don't have the time to loose
time to waste or time to loose yourself
when you only have this lifetime to live
~
I'm at death's door for a moment
the battle's long but I'm nearing the end
and very soon
I'll be at my father's side
~
You don't have the time to loose
time to waste or time to loose yourself
nearing the end of the line
~
I will be here forever
n'er again will sorrow and pain
take hold of me
within my Saviour's arms
~
Now is the time to live
time to lead a life of love in Christ
now that you've got eternity to live

No comments: