Sunday, December 14, 2008

God Answers Prayers

This is actually quite personal but I feel like sharing it with everyone. Quite sometime ago I was reading an article in Reader's Digest about an orphan boy. Because of the prison-like treatment of the orphanage he was in, even after he was adopted he suffered from a psychological condition that prevented him from loving his adoptive parents or anyone else. However, after years of persevering love and hardwork on the parents' side, the boy was able to grow up well and say to his parents "I love you".

No, the boy isn't me and that is not why I'm posting. After reading that article, I reflected on how many children around the world also does not receive the proper loving childhood that they need and this mars them badly through the rest of their lives. My heart really went out to all of them and I was filled with an indescribable sorrow and love for all the suffering children of the world. So I got down on my knees and prayed, pray that God will help them, pray that He will give them the love that they need andbring them out of their suffering.

You might say "Hey, who do you think you are? You think your one prayer can help the children of the world?". Well guess what, I'm sure I'm not alone and even if I am, my ONE prayer does count, because I pray to my eternal Loving Father in heaven. Last Saturday I was at YCK CC for my piano lesson when I approached the news stand where the elderly folks would gather to read the news. There was only one available paper which was the "World" section of The Straits Times. Guess what the first page I turned to read? It went something along "Terrorist Vow to Stop Recruiting Children". It was very elating, God was answering my prayer!I didn't read in detail tho cause I was going to be late for piano but I got the gist of the entire thing.

Now you may say "Hey that would have happened even if you didn't pray for it, besides that's not the WHOLE world," Well, what if it DIDN'T happen? In any case I'm just glad my prayer had contributed to that. And I know it's not the whole world but it IS a start. Next time you feel sad about an event that's happening around the world, don't hesitate to pray for it. YOUR PRAYER IN CHRIST MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

Luke 13:34

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

No comments: