Monday, June 15, 2009

YOUTH CAMP 09!!!!!!!!!

Haha finally got back from AMKPC Youth Camp 09!

It was lots of fun:D I got to do many things that I've never done before, among them are:

1Play tchouk-ball
2Stay up till 5 in the morning
3Taupok Ben and Micah XD
4Be Taupoked by Ben and Micah
5Vacuumed up an entire plate of chin-chow into my mouth
6Dreamt of being attacked by chin-chow(it was all black....(no Bryan, I'm not being racist))
7Have maths lesson in the park (which I have a profound distaste for=__=)
8Walk into a pole on my way home

and so as you can see, I had a great time in camp.

Most importantly of course, I got a deeper insight into the camp theme that is "By Faith". It was a good reminder for me of what faith truly is. It's not just a way of thinking or an inner state, it is something that has to be acted upon. As the Gospel writer puts it:

"In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

actually, I'm quite surprised that they didn't use this verse throughtout the camp, I thought it was very relevant but oh well. I'm sure God had convicted the hearts of many during the camp as he did with me

No comments: